President : Mr Iain Blakeley
Board Members : Mrs Penny Wilson and Mr Allister Macgregor
The RNZPBA is run by the Management Board, consisting of the President, and two elected members. The Management Board has an Executive Officer, Ms Robyn Forbes.
Group leaders are appointed for each of the principal functions of the Association, including Administration & Finance (Murray Venables) , Communication & Publications (Chris Stevens), Contests (Kerry Marshall), Education (Sheran Hancock) and Promotion (Grant Carroll). See the CONTACTS page for full details
The following downloadable files are in Adobe Acrobat ™ format.
Click HERE for details relating to the REMIT process
RNZPBA Constitution Sept 2010 50k
RNZPBA Directory effective May 2013
RNZPBA 2012 Annual Report and 2013 Management Plan
National Contest Rules - Dec 2012
Band Secretary's Year Planner is an essential tool for ALL band
Handbook for ONLINE DATABASE and ONLINE CONTEST ENTRY
RNZPBA Adjudicators Panels - all disciplines (Dec 2011)
Remit Form 10k
RNZPBA Music Judges Manual 2MB
RNZPBA NON-Music Judges Guide 150k
Music Judges Report Sheet MASTERS 70k zip
Guide for Contest Organising Committees
Massed Bands music Drumming Piping
PROCEDURE AND TIMETABLE FOR CONDUCTING REMITS FOR CHANGES TO NATIONAL CONTEST RULES
(Refer to [Constitution] Rule 8.5)
Only Member Bands, Management Board and Management Groups are entitled to propose Remits. Deadlines are all within one calendar year:
By 30 April
* Band prepares Remit on the standard form.
* Band presents Remit to Centre.
* Centre considers remit and endorses same if a simple majority supports the Remit.
By 15 June
* Band sends its duly endorsed Remit on the standard form to the Management Board.
* Board reviews Remits and tidies up any wordings to align with the Rule Book style.
* Thereafter Board compiles all Remits including its own and those of the Management Groups and sends them to all bands and Centres.
* Bands individually and in forum (e;g. at Centre meetings) consider all Remits with a view to reverting to the originator with suggestions for amendments etc.
By 1 August
* Bands adjust or withdraw Remits based on the views and comments received and re-submit revised versions to the Board.
* No new Remits are permitted at this stage.
* The original Remit will stand in the absence of any instruction to make amendment.
By 31 August
* Remits will be presented for discussion at the Annual Conference.
By 15 October
* Remit amended if necessary as a consequence of Conference discussions are confirmed to the Board.
* Board distributes all qualifying Remits to bands for voting.
By 30 November
* Voting closes.
* Remits receiving a two thirds majority are passed.
* Board notifies band and Centres of results of ballot.
On 31 December
* New rules apply. However any change of rules which the Board considers to 'be impractical for implementation at the next year's National Contest will be held over until the next year.