Functions of the College
- To develop, review, authorise and publish syllabuses and associated resources for bagpipe and drum.
- To receive entries from candidates for College Certificates.
- To provide guidance when requested to tutors and candidates who are preparing for examinations.
- To arrange and oversee examinations for College Certificates.
- To appoint examiners.
- To notify, award, and maintain registers of College Certificates.
- To accredit tutors of bagpipe and drum.
- To provide advice to the Association and its Education Group on matters relating to music and the appointment of personnel for Association and Education Group programmes (e.g. National Summer School).
- To develop an annual management plan and to report annually against that plan.
The following syllabuses have established by the College. Click on the appropriate link to retrieve the required curriculum PDF file. Please note Preliminary and Elementary curriculum for each instrument are in a combined document:
*Optional endorsement in piobaireachd
Intermediate Certificate *
Advanced Certificate *
* Optional endorsement in swings.
Register of Certificate Holders
Certificate Information and Entry Forms
25 Moana Crescent, Dunedin.
Telephone 03 4551 816 (home) 03 479 8521 (work) Fax: 03 4551 815 firstname.lastname@example.org
Principal - Piping
(H) 06 353 7605 (Fx) 06 353 7604
Associate Principals - Piping
Christchurch (H) 03 352 6652
(W) 03 377 5196 0274 321 774
Principal - Drumming
15 Craighall Crescent, Wakari, Dunedin
Phone 03 4667 133
Associate Principals - Drumming
Christchurch (H) 03 383 4177
(W) 03 379 0100 Ross Levy, Paraparaumu (H) 04 905 8211