News » 1st March 2021

Contest update

2021 National Championships, Hawkes Bay – update

From President Iain Blakeley


The Board and Contest Committee are evaluating the impact of the latest change in Covid Alert settings.

At this stage no decision has been made to cancel or postpone the Contest and plans are going ahead.  

However, we are monitoring the situation and obtaining the best information we can, including contacting competing bands to understand each band’s position.

If at the end of the current 7 day lockdown period the country has a clear path to returning to Level 1 before the date of the Contest, then we will proceed. However, if there is an extension of the current Alert settings and ongoing uncertainty we will make a decision and advise all bands, no later than 8 March, that the Contest is cancelled or postponed.

Regards

Iain